Following rules and regulations are in force in this library :
1. Admission to the Library
All members of the A.D.P. College are allowed admission in the library.
- The following categories of persons shall become members of the Central Library by default:
- All the faculty members of ADP College.
- All the regular students of the college
- All other regular employees of the college.
- Person other then the above categories may be allowed to become member of the library as a special case on a request in writing from the person concerned. The decision of the Librarian in this regard shall be final. If a person is allowed to become a member of the library he/she shall pay an annual membership fee and security deposit.
- All eligible members shall fill up and sign a membership registration form available at the circulation counter of the library.
3. Working hours of Library:
- Working Hours From To Total
- On Working days 10 A.M. 4.30 P.M. 6.30 hrs.
- On Holidays — – –
- Before Examination days 10 A.M. 4.30 P.M. 6.30 hrs.
- During Examination days 10 A.M. 5 P.M. 7 hrs.
- During Vacation 10 A.M. 4.30 P.M 6.30 hrs.
The above timings of the Library are subject to change from time to time which will duly be notified in the Notice Board of the Library/College.
4. Rules of Lending of Books
- Each member will have a Identity Card cum Reader’s Ticket according to the category to which he/she belongs to.
- The Identity Card cum Reader’s Ticket is not transferable.
- Student members must come to the library personally and tender his/her Identity Card cum Reader’s Ticket at the circulation counter at the time of transaction.
- Membership of a student shall remain valid till he/she remains on the role of the college.
- The librarian may recall any book from member at any time.
- Loose issues of periodicals are not for issue except for faculty members for only one day.
- LIBRARY CLERENCE CERTIFICATE: A No clerence certificate may be issued to members only on returning all books borrowed and surrendering the readers ticket.
5. Check out Limits (only books):
- Student( With Major) : : 4 books for 15 days
- Student( General) : : 2 books for 15 days
- Faculties: : 30 books for semester
- Staff : 5 books for 15 days
6. Book Bank Facility:
Under this facility 4 (four) books are issued to those students belonging to :
- Below poverty level
- SC/ ST category.
Saperate bookbank forms are available in the circulation desk. Books under bookbank category are issued to students till the end of their examination.
7. Overdue Fine
@ .50 paisa/day
8. Loss of Library Identity Card Cum Reader’s Ticket
The loss of Library Identity Card cum Readers Ticket should be reported immediately in writing to the Librarian and a fine of Rs.20/- will be charged for re-issue of a ticket.
9. Loss or Damage of Borrowed Books
The loss of books borrowed by a user in his/her custody, the borrower shall be liable to replace the book or bear the cost of replacement. If the replacement is not done within 15 days, the defaulter will be charged as follows:-
- Three times the cost of the book, if the book is in print.
- Four times the cost of the book, if the book is out of print.
- If the book of a multi-volume set is lost or damaged, the member concerned shall be liable to replace the whole set or pay the cost of the same on the above line.
10. General Rules
- (a) All kinds of personal belongings except notebook are supposed to be kept in the property counter at the entrance.
- (b) Silence is must inside the library.
- c) Mobile phone in vibration mode only is permissible.
- d) Member shall not smoke or spite in any part of the library.
- While browsing books, no book should be replaced by the user on the stack themselves.
- Books once picked out from the stack should be left in the reading table if not issued out.
- The physical condition of the book should be checked while checking out. Mutilation of pages if found is to be brought to the notice of the circulation in-charge. Otherwise, the borrower himself/herself shall be responsible for mutilation of the book if detected afterwards.
- Underlining, marking, folding of pages, etc. in the book is strictly prohibited.
- Upon any infringement of the library rules, members shall forfeit privileges of admission and membership of the library.
- The librarian reserves the right to suspend or delinquent membership of any member found misbehaving, abusing the library staff or behaving in an indecent manner.
- The members caught tearing of pages/stealing books or otherwise mutilating books will be suspended forthwith from using library facilities and further disciplinary action will be initiated against him/her by the college authority.